Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Changes

Headed out at 3pm for an easy 10 before meeting up with some folks to run on the track; however, it was terribly warm outside and the stomach didn't seem to agree. After a few "hurlings" and "heave-hos" of the stomach I turned around at three to make it 6 total.
When I arrived Gustavo so kindly informed me that his stomach did not agree with the dairy he had earlier that resulted in "the runs". Unfortunately, "the runs" don't necessarily go with running.
After chatting with another track coach for a little bit I started to noticed someone was turning the lights out in the sky. As I turned around a wall of black, ominous, swirling clouds were welcoming themselves to the neighborhood. Only a few minutes later did the wind, rain, lightning, and thunder say hello. In less than one hour the temperature dropped from 84 to 66 degrees. It was pleasant to have the cooler temperatures around.
The new plan is to finish off an easy four this evening as soon as those pesky positive and negative charges settling their little debate.
--------------------------
PM PM run
8pm, Medium/Easy
10 miles
1:20:45

A much better run this evening. The stomach was settled, the temperatures were much cooler, and I had plenty of hydration. The post rain skies allowed for some beautiful pink and orange rays to settle down on DC. It was a beautiful picture. As soon as the sun set I was reminded of those late night runs with Charles. Good times.
First 3 miles 21:43
4 miles, 30:08
5 miles, 37:43
Took it faster this evening to get the legs moving faster than slug pace.
Something magical happened just after the turn around. Right in front of Arlington I turned around to head back. As I was trotting along I noticed something to my left. There, next to a fence-line of bushes stood three deer. At first, I thought, "why would they put three fake deer right there. Who is hunting out here?" I stood there confused until one of them decided to take off, and soon after the other two fell in line and headed out as well.
As Dean says, "adventure starts as soon as you step out the front door." It must be true. Well, some of the time it is.

No comments: