Thursday, June 25, 2009

Wed. and Thurs.

Wednesday
AM
3.5 mi. on the track with a Sis, Leah, and Katie.
7 mi. right after at 8:00 min. pace down at the mall.
Felt good.
Left knee still causing some annoyances.
Was a little warm by the end, but I won't say anything about the heat considering I've heard it's been nearly 100 degrees with a 100+ heat index in Neb.
PM
1 mi. in the afternoon with Ingrid
Biked 20 min. and some shoulder work.
----------------------------
Thursday
7:30 AM
Showed up at the track hoping someone else would show; however, I guess without without a plan the others lack motivation.
Decided to do 10 mi. at "cruise-control" pace. Felt good. Not too much effort and kept the mind from getting bored.
----------
4:30 PM
90 degrees, humid, and static air
It was warm enough today that water droplets sizzled on the sidewalk.
2 mi. warm up (16:36)
12x800 repeats:
3:31, 3:29, 3:24, 3:29, 3:30, 3:28, 3:28, 3:28, 3:29, 3:27, 3:20, 3:10
1 mile cd

Went through nearly a gallon of water during this workout. The first 5 felt good. At 6 the effort had to increase in order to maintain the same time. I'm pleased with today's workout.
I'm not sure if it was the heat, less sleep last night, the workout, or a combination of them all, but I was tired after this workout. Typically, after a solid run I feel worked but not like this. After stretching and eating I passed out. Hmm......

That is all.

1 comment:

Abby said...

That's a lot of work! 10 on "cruise control". I don't know that I have that option.