Monday, March 2, 2009

Nebraska has passed the torch (of ice)

4ish inches of snow last night. It's a nice light snow. Not very good for snowballs. Now, there is a winter weather advisory saying that wind chills might dip below zero. I wonder what the leaves for tomorrow.

The team stayed inside today because sprinters don't run in the snow and none of the long distance people showed up today (they were all sick/studying/class). Instead, I lead them in a super-set. Those who could handle it did 10 sets of 3x10 varied push and sit. The rest did 3x5 with 10 sets. After that we did two sets of fire haulers. There was lots of weakness leaving their bodies and I smiled with joy knowing all to well their pain.

In all my workout looked like this:
half bear: 8x40 varied sit
180 varied sit
100 varied push
5x5 pull
3x1 min ab planks
2x75 fire haulers
3x20 leg (to help with the patella)

A half hour after the workout my arms were still shaking. I hope that means it was a good workout. Have not done PT in a while and it felt good to finally get in a solid set.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Shaking in the arms means that you did some serious work.

Have you considered getting some whey stuff like I always had? I think it really helps you recover faster and come back stronger the next day.

Ben said...

No, no I have not considered that. I would have to do some investigating.

Abby said...

And how is the patella?

Way to push the track team! Excellent arm-shaking-later PT too. I was bracing for a vomit story.