Saturday, May 23, 2009

Friday/Saturday

Yesterday, Friday, did 8 at an easy pace in the morning. Planned on 4 more in the evening but it had to be scratched.

Today was the first long run that I've done in a good while. 18 today in 2:46:00.
Headed to the Potomac trail and planned on turning around at Baby Bear (the first waterfall on the trail). However, things were going well so I kept going. It's nice to run on the trail because it's very easy to forget about pace and any fatigue. It's an enjoyable run. However, on the way back a well hidden tree root popped out of no where, grabbed my foot, and threw me to the ground. The right leg, arm, and hip took the hit. Some nice little battle wounds to remind me that I got up and kept going while that stupid tree root is stuck there. Ha, take that tree root.

There are many tourists in town with Memorial Day coming up. I didn't plan accordingly and ran through hoards of people and hundreds, maybe thousands, of hard-core bikers. Oh well.

Stretched a bunch after. Got to sit in the shade under a tree and enjoy the beautiful weather, which is getting warmer and warmer. 87 and sunny today according to the little weather icon, which would explain why I ran out of water and had to go into conservation mode on the way back. Anyways, did some stretching and drank some delicious protein drinks. That's something I have been trying to increase is protein intake. It must have done something because the post-run legs feel good. Better than expected.

Almost 67 miles for the first week back into consecutive running days.
A satisfactory start.

Ok, that is all for today.

Ciao

2 comments:

Abby said...

Wow, 18 miles. Capital run! Pun intended? Maybe. I'm curious, what kind of protein drink do you use?

Yes, I think that tree root was jealous of you and all of your human freedom. It was nice of you to let it trip you.

Ben said...

Recently I have been drinking Odwalla Mega-Protein drinks. The vanilla flavor.
36 g of protein.
Problem is, they are not cheap.