Monday, May 11, 2009

Slow and Easy

Same route today but in the opposite direction.
7.7mi. in 65 min. Took the pace much easier.
The legs were quite tight from the two-touch football yesterday.
Good to know those muscles are working again.
The run went by very fast today.

Right now I'm reading a book by Haruki Murakami entitled, “What I Talk About When I Talk About Running”. It's a good read so far. A different approach to writing about running.
On the plane there was a part in the book the Haruki was writing about running a marathon from Marathon. He said it was so hot that he was mad at everything. He was even mad at the cows for chewing grass they way they did. When I read this I laughed out loud on the plane.
Any who, the point is, in his book he says that the best way to stay motivated is to stop running (or writing for him) when you still feel like you want to run more. I did that today. Now, I'm excited to run again tomorrow.
The glorious weather has helped a great deal.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello to you Ben!

Why 7.7? Where did the extra 0.7 come from? Or, why was not the 0.3 mile ran?

The book, it sounds good. Running books are good and inspirational. The funny parts...there are always funny parts.

What funny parts would be in your book?

Abby said...

A runner that can write. I like him already. And his stop-when-you-want-to-keep-going idea actually makes sense.

Ben said...

7.7 because I headed out with the mindset of running 60 minutes. Headed out 30 and headed back. The distance just turns out to be 7.7.

Unknown said...

The title of this post: slow and easy.

That's what she said.