Thursday, November 6, 2008

Damnations

Well, here's the gist of it. Tuesday and Wednesday ended up being off days. After a stellar sixer Monday I woke up hobbling as if someone had stabbed my Achilles. "Crap."

Stretching didn't seem to help. I'm not really sure what the problem is or how to solve it. Leah thinks it has something to do with my knee. The knee hasn't caused any problems for a while, but the Achilles is doing a wonderful job keeping me from running.

After two forced days rest, I decided to give it a try tonight. I was optimistic. Feeling good, but after a mile I knew it would be wise to stop. I ended up finishing the 2 loop.

Now, feeling like a deflated balloon I decided to go work out. Headed to the gym and decided to a a PT. 10 sets: 5x pull, 15x varied push and sit. Going strong until set 7. Excellent, this is what should happen with a good PT. Finished with plenty of struggle and grunting. It's nice to work out here, you can make as many grunting noises as you want without people looking at you weird. Either they can't hear you, or they think you can't hear yourself. Win Win.

Added in a 20x all sit ups for the extra burn. Lots of fire and burning is the abs.
2x75 arm haulers. Those are perfect for mental toughness. To keep my mind occupied I counted the threads on the carpet--one thread for each 'hauler'. Threw in 25x2 neck.

Hit the weights for some shoulder work. Hoo-cha!
Pleased with the workout.

Lots of his and leg stretching. Hoping that will help dissolve or prevent any hic-ups that might occur.

Total:
50 pull ups
270 sit ups
150 push ups
150 arm haulers

Hope all is well in Nebraska. Word is the blizzards are there.
Hope all is well in Hawaii. Word is perfect weather is there.
Hope all is well on planet 245x. Word is massive butterfly attack.

For those who need strength and steady hand during travel.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your post too, Ben. Yours too. It made me laugh a lot...

"Stellar Sixer"
"Grunting Noises"
"Threads on Carpet"
"Butterfly Attack"

Too bad about your achilles/knee/testicles. I know it's sometimes hard to pinpoint the problem...and it's good that you are listening to your body and not pushing it too fast too soon! A lot of the times in Lincoln you were like: "oh the foot hurts...let's go run 19!"

A lot of upper body/shoulder/upperback/arm workout...do you lift weights regularly? or just for the shoulders?

Those arm haulers are fun. Yes, indeed. Hard, but fun. I have increased by 5 every couple of weeks and today just did 2x90...now that was crazy! I almost quit at 60 the second set, but then I decided to not let the goat fuck me and started hauling my arms again.

Hmm...not much more to say. Tristan posted a picture of some sights from DC...you should check them out. Yes.

When I make a comment on your post, it asks me to type in some kind of word verification. Do you have to do that to? Right now, I have to type in AMIGNIDU before I can post this comment. It should mean something. It should have meaning. We can make our own language out of this nonsense.

Amignidu, Ben. Amignidu...hoo-cha!

Ben said...

I wonder if you read the comments that are posted in reference to your comments. If you don't, this comment has no point other than to satisfy my own comment, which I already know, so why post it?

Let me know if you get this comment. Then your comment about getting my comment about your comment to the blog will answer that question.

You said, "Too bad about your achilles/knee/testicles." I laughed/gurgled out loud. The roommate has a lady staying with him tonight and I hope I didn't wake her up. That's funny stuff.

Anton said...

I like the noises quote. Awesome! That sucks your Achilles hurts. I hope it's better now.

I'm writing short stuff 'cause I'm hi-jacking internet at the hotel.

I have some butterfly nets if needed.