Friday, November 28, 2008

The Sickness

I have the sickness.
Nothing terribly bad. Just a little something to bother the throat, cause the body to ache, and make the head ache as well.
Wasn't bad this morning but has progressively worsened throughout the day.

An attempt was made to swim the sickness out of the body.
Leah had a key to the pool, so we headed over there this afternoon. She did a crazy swim workout while I did some aqua jogging and other misc. swimming. About an hour and a half of exercise.
Workout felt good, but the body does not.

Slept nearly 12 hours last night. The body must have been preemptively fighting off the attack. Plan to sleep well tonight and keep the fluids running. The body will adapt, fight, and win. The sickness will be utterly destroyed at its attempt.

The sickness has reminded me of my health, and how well I feel in its absence.
It's humbling to be reminded to what we often take for granted.
This is a good reminder.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Get the sickness out of your body!

Maybe it is a result of not sleeping enough?

Good last paragraph. Good. I like. It is true. So very true.

Ben = wise.

Anton said...

True story, humbling. Ben does indeed equal wise.

I too have caught something. It's only the throat that's irritated. I plan to flush it out with fathoms of water. I know that's a distance, and not a volume, but that's okay.

It's dumb that people catch colds in Hawaii. I think the tourists bring it over. Damn them. They should be healthy, and then come over.

Ben said...

Dear Anton,

it's ok to use fathoms to describe how much water you will drink. That's what language is for. To be manipulated. Just like PLAY-DOUGH.

Do people catch colds, or do colds catch people?

You ever hear someone say, "ah, a cold caught me"
No, you don't.

Unknown said...

Post something new, bee-atch!