Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Hunger

it is often that the hunger strikes late at night. For example, right now, the hunger strikes. One would think that a cup of pineapple and a banana would fend off the hunger. Sadly, it has not. The hunger can strike with great force and hypnotize one with desires of temping foods. These food will not be spoken of as it may spread the hunger, and cause it to strike YOU!

Day off today. No PT, no run.
However, did get in 30 min of aqua-jog. Although, it is uncertain that today's aqua-jogging would be considered exercise. Mostly, it was a series of awkward kicking and arm-flailing motions. Basically to keep the head above water.
This "aqua-jog" that people speak of is quite a unique and cumbersome task.

Today, muscles of the stomach and arms are blessed with the soreness. This is good news.

Received a call from the brother today saying the Monster, the dog, had suffered a seizure in the early hours of the morning. Having been rushed to the emergency vet he was comfortably sedated. Later in the morning he was taken to another vet clinic. There, he was placed on oxygen and monitored closely. After several hours, his prognosis quickly improved. Currently, he is at home with the brother. Monster is a trooper and has served those he loves with dog licks, refreshing dog breath, and sometimes little squirts of urination. Just to show how excited he is to see you.
We, the family, are quite relieved that he is doing better, and we hope that his time is far in the distance.
We love you Monster Dog.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh! Sad about Monster...

(sorry for laughing a little to myself after reading the first sentence of that paragraph. I thought it was some kind of joke. You had set the entry up to have a good joke at that moment..."blessed with the soreness. This is good news" made me laugh, so maybe my laughter was just carrying over).

Yes, aqua jog seems awkward and like it does nothing. But it does! It does! Ask Anton about his marathon PR after running in the pool for almost a month.

After work today I was incredibly hungry. What I ate between 2:30 and 11:00 at night were: a mix of applesauce and yogurt; rice and beans and a small piece of chicken, with plain, tasteless pumpkin on the side; an apple. I was running late for work so I just threw some shet together.

I ate cereal at home. And then nachos. Yum.

On my blog you asked if I carry water. Yes, I will start to carry water, or make loops of 4-7 miles so I can get nutrients, or will get someone to crew for me.

And, I plan to use a run/walk method this Saturday, actually. I think 27 minutes of running, 3 minutes of walking will be good. I mean. Water and maybe some gummies at one break, a powerbar at the next. That is what I plan to do.

Word: cration

Def: a meagre, crappy-sized ration.

Sentence: When Ben was handed some food from a car during a 50 mile run, he was saddened to find what a cration it was. Three gummi bears? What the feck?

Ben said...

ha ha ha ha.


good word example!

I like it.

Anton said...

I'm glad your dog is fine. Monster will prevail.

Yes, the aqua-jog takes some getting used to. However, it does work! I used it the entire 5-6 weeks before Boston, and I stayed in shape. Good.

word: luticap

Def: a magical headpiece

I can't go outside without my luticap. Otherwise, the big dinosaur behind the shed will eat my Fritos.