Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Quick Draw

Skrew it. I'm doing push ups.

It's 2 in the morning. I had just finished eating two sets of banana and pretzel, two peanut butter and banana sandwiches, and half a small bag of delicious potato chips. I was feelin' a little lazy, so I hit the floor with what I'm calling, the Quick Draw:

alternating push and sit with <10 sec break in between:
5x20 push
7x20 sit

the two extra sets of sit come from doing sides.

then, inspired by Charles's Mammoth workout, I figured, I should try to push the limit with one set of max fire haulers.
The first 70 felt good. This is when the sting started.
The fire started around 90.
Past 110 was a fight for each extra hauler.
113, c'mon you can do more!
123, if you're arms are still moving then keep counting.
133, you're past your goal. Just do 20 more.
153, holy feck! holy feck!
at this point no matter how much effort I put into the motions the main fight was to keep the hands from dragging on the ground.
160, the hands drag, I stop.
I breath heavily and lay down the arms waiting for the fire to extinguish.
I get up. It is done.

...
...

now it is time for sleep.

let us see what this day will bring

------------------
It's now 11:45am.
Just finished showering and going to go eat soon.
It's a nice day outside.
A low stress and very relaxing day.
HAPPY HOLIDAY to all!

4 easy with Leah. 34:52 (8:05 pace)
The foot pain returns.
Should I keep running under 4 mi. each day, or take more time off?
Advice? Suggestions?

2 comments:

Anton said...

Well done on the PT, cool quick draw, and awesome max out! You rule! I enjoy the step by step commentary.

With respect to the foot, I'd run less than 4 miles 3 days a week, and do some pool running or other cross training on the other 3 days.

Unknown said...

I would ease off again. Maybe ice if you need to. Get in the pool...even if it takes 2 weeks to get better, than it is okay.

To me, the feet being injured is worse than a hip or calf...maybe switch to walking, just to keep some real motion on the ground?

Maybe seek professional help on the foot? Have you found out what exactly is wrong with it?

•••••

Feck man! Those fire haulers! When I was reading, I thought it was going to end at 110 or 120...but it went on and on! Crazy mackeral jim jammer! That is craziness...

But motivational...let's all see how long we can go...I bet it is one thing that we are pretty even on...maybe...I don't know...but it seems like strength has nothing to do with it...all you need is to work up endurance.

Very inspirational. Feck.