Monday, November 10, 2008

The pain

There are different kinds of pain.
Some kinds of pain one can put up with.
This foot pain, is something that can be put up with, but wouldn't be smart.
There is a problem on the foot. The bone that the Achilles is attached to.
It feels like a small grenade blew up in my foot.

It wasn't bad yesterday, and I was walking around with minimal pain this morning, so I figured another run would be ok.
Did The Mall 10 loop again.
Ran in front of the White House but was stopped by security. A lot of people were looking off to the right of the White House. I thought, what the heck are people looking at, the House is over there!
I asked the cop what the deal was. He gave me a BS snobby answer. I went on my way.
I just figured people were waiting for the magic tree to do its thing. There is a magical tree just to the right off the White House that will randomly shoot out loads of colorful butterflies. It's quite dangerous because they are shot out of the limbs of the tree at a high rate of speed, but, it's also very beautiful.

Got back from the run, and limped like I was just kicked in the balls. Ok, maybe not that kind of limp. Maybe more like the grenade thing.
Must not have been a wise decision to run today.
Plan on recovering more this week.
Moving the 30 up to Friday because Saturday is full of class and other school work.



Butterflies, are beautiful, but can be dangerous at high rates of speed.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

What did that po say to you? What was that cop's problem?

Too bad on the foot/achilles/nuts. What is wrong? Should you go to a physical therapist? They could do ultrasound and massage it and stretch it, and then those beautiful ladies would come out etc. etc. etc.

I am not sure what this magical tree is, but it sounds pretty magical. There is a magical tree here in Aurora. In the yard across the street, actually. Every so often it shoots off little platypuses and those freakish deep sea fish.

Actually, not really. I got you good!

What kind of butterflies are these? Like real ones (their fragile bodies torn as they are catapulted at 150 mph out of the tree), or are they fake (little nylon/plastic things assembled in Thailand). Do tell, do tell.

Get excited for 30! WHOO HAA!

Ben said...

Yes, excited for 30. Working on what kind of route to take. Thinking about the York County Trail. It's supposed to have crushed limestone.

The cops blocked off the area because rumor has it the president elect obama was coming to visit. It's amazing how much praise you can get without having done anything yet.

Not sure what is wrong with the testicles...I mean, foot. It's the Achilles bone. That's what I'm going to call it. It's just swollen and tender as a juicy prime rib.

I'm pretty sure the butterflies are torn up upon ignition. I imagine that they are a vibrant blue.

Where you doing your 30? Going to block it off in two or three sets? I'm thinking just an out and back 15 route will work. You?

Unknown said...

The feckin cold man, that's what prevents me from doing 15 out and back. I don't want to face the wind, as it invariably changes and blows in my face. It is supposed to be a high of 37 on Saturday...poo. The cold = not my friend. Not an enemy, but not something I want to cuddle up with next to the fire.

Ben said...

I know what you mean.

You are even thougher for having to deal with it.

Anton said...

I want to see butterflies. They sound magical.

The cop shouldn't have stopped you and messed up your stride. You should kick him in the balls.

Small grenade? Have you iced it? Explosives don't like ice.

Try a friction massage. Freeze some water in some paper dixie cups, then massage around your Achilles with the block of ice. Feels good. Then when it's numb, give it a deep rub.

Ben said...

I think it has something to do with the bone.

Can you freeze and then rub out the bone?