Thursday, October 23, 2008

Deflated

Like an old balloon I'm a little deflated today.
Headed out this afternoon hoping to join in with the XC team on their run. No shows.
Did an easy mile on the track to see how things would shake up. Not so well. This morning woke up with lower back stabbing. Charles, do you remember when I f-ed up my back just before Lincoln Marathon doing hop-scotch on the side walk? Well, that's what it feels like. Hopefully it's gone tomorrow. Also, the left foot is being a little pain-in-the....foot. Achilles is tender and "neuroma" is still causing annoyances.
Good news, ordered some new Saucony Omni-6's yesterday. Hopefully they will arrive by next week. It will be good to get some solid shoes on the feet again.
More good news, successfully struggled through an excellent teeth-grinding PT workout today. Decided to do PT since I wasn't going to run.
Pull, Push, Sit (varied)
5, 10, 20
5, 18, 30
5, 22, 40
5, 50*, 50
5, 30, 50
5, 22, ^50
5, 18, 30
5, 10, 20

Total: 40 pull, 180 push, 290 sit
*woops
^feel the burn, bring the pain atomics!

This was a great PT physically, but didn't give that mental boost that one typically gets after completing a solid PT. It's all mental, and I was just a little off today. Not trying to complain, just wondering what the body is trying to say. Maybe it needs more delicious grapes. I know Anton and Charles are working their asses off, so that helps a great deal when it comes time to quit or push harder.

Did a little shoulder work to try and balance things out. 3x30 shoulder things that Leah showed me.
Then did some bridges because I wanted to make sure I felt the pain for the next few days.
Bridges were interesting. The abs must have been worked during PT because my body was shaking like a strawberry in a blender.
Finished it all off with 2x75 arm-haulers.

Ended up meeting another member of the XC team. Her name is Rose and apparently she's quite the runner. Nice gal. Good folks on the XC team.

This evening is going to be relaxed. Watch a little office, get some work done, and continue reading Into Thin Air.

Peace and Wellness.


PS. the itchy neck rash thing in gone. Whew.

4 comments:

Anton said...

Good! Begone Rash!

You are a PT monster! You don't need a mental boost after you kick ass, it's only useful during, or before. You did it anyway! BEAST!

I like Rose already. She can be your girlfriend. I approve. ;-)

How can the XC team not show up for it's own practice? That's lame.

It's true...I did work my ass off today, but not physically. I had to quickly transcribe two charts in about an hour and a half for a rehearsal this afternoon. It was "impossible. But doable." (name that movie?)

Unknown said...

Nice PT you got there...good stuff. How did the pullups feel? It's good that you are getting them in...they are easy to neglect since you can do pushups and situps inside where it is nice and warm...

Did you do something to your back to make it hurt? Sadness, it is. Sadness, when the pain comes.

Sadness for my hamstring. I don't know why it is hurting...probably the cold. The cold will get you.

Ben said...

I am merely a beast among giants. That would be you two. Charles and Anton. That's you guys. You two are the giants.

Yes, Rose was a nice girl. I'm not sure if I would jump into girlfriend stage just yet, I mean, she could be some sort of murderer and crazed tickler or something? What happens if she likes throwing rocks at little kids? I'm just not sure if I could be around someone like that.

Pulls ups have got to be the most rewarding of the trio. I feel like there is improvement and it's hard work. The sit ups just feel like regular sit ups, and the push ups are tons of work with few results.

YES Anton. Way to work hard at work. It's good to take that, "I'm going to kick ass," and apply it to everything in your life.

Sorry, don't know what movie that's from. Is it from the Muppets?

Charles, sorry about the hamstring. Just remember we are early in the program, so play it conservative. It's best to take it easy now rather than just before the event. Do what you gotta do.

Anton said...

Yes...easy does it.

You know the expression, "when life hands you lemons, make lemonade?" It's actually edited from the original, "when life hands you lemons, throw them at little kids." I think that's the same as rocks. It'll be okay. Just throw and run away.

Ben, your Muppets guess almost made me spit tea all over the computer. Luckily I have reflexes like a ghost and jerked right to spray my carpet.

It's from Entrapment. Sean Connery is a Beast. A Sexy-Beast. He turned into that when he couldn't say: "Bond. James Bond," anymore.