Monday, October 20, 2008

PFT Day, Woo!!!

Well, today was the day for PFT (physical fitness test). First off, headed off to class this morning and it turned out to be the best class (at least for this particular class) that we have had thus far. Stellar! A good way to start the day.
Next, I headed off to lunch and filled the belly, headed of to class again only to find out that it was canceled. Good news considering it gave me the opportunity to study for the midterm that was coming up in the evening.
Studied this afternoon, hung out with Jo, and headed off to murder this test. Maybe murder isn't the best word, but some just to say that I planned on dominating this test. I feel the test went well. It maxed out the mind and pushed it to the edge. Maybe a little exaggerated. Although, maxing out was the theme of the day.
After telling that test who's boss I headed out for PFT!
Started with a 4 mi. wu, 30:30 (7:37 mi. pace).
1.5 mile max 8:41 (5:47 mi. pace)
Headed to the gym for pull-up, push-up, sit-up max.
Warmed up with some pull-ups, then maxed. Goal was 11, got 12.
Push, goal was 65+, got 55. Not the best performance. Hit the wall at 35 and collapsed at 55 at 2 min. Lots of weakness leaving the body. A good effort and lots of grunting.
Sit-up, 79.5, goal was 85+. Not sure why but the neck felt a lot of work with this set. Stopped for a second at 1:58 to see how much time had left, and decided to get in one more. Finished just past 2 min, so I'm counting it as 79.5.

I'm very happy with the run, pleased with pull, and have new goals and something to work towards for the push and sit.

Now it's time to hit the books again. Down some bananas and oranges, and spend some quality time with Jo.

Looking forward to brother Charles and brother Anton's results. HOO-CHA!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

HOO-CHA! Man, those were the days...

Nice job on the PFT! I am especially impressed on the pullups! Is that the most ever?

Yeah, I feel you on the pushups...they really start burning sooner than you expect! I can do a lot in a workout but can't seem to do as much as I think I should be able to when I try to max out.

And the run! That is quick quick! Nice! Speed demon, mofo!

We should have a PFT bi-weekly or monthly...I mean, even if we boost our scores by 1, it will add up over time...

Anton said...

Rock on Rambo! You killed a bunch of stuff today. Killed it!

Test: nice.
Run: that's fast! Excellent work man!
Pullups: Impressive! Last time I saw you do pullups, 6 was about the max. You just kicked your own ass from the past!
Pushups: Good numbers, nothing to be disappointed about. Quick tip, for testing, make sure you're not going all the way to the ground (stopping when arms are parallel to the deck). And the trick is, pump out as many and as fast as you can, when it starts burning, do about 5-10 more, rest in the up position, but not too long, as it makes you even more tired. Just keep pushing out small sets of 3-5 until time is up.
Situps: Again, good numbers, and I like the .5!