Thursday, October 30, 2008

Today is Thursday

Another late night last night. Workin' hard! Like a rock! A rock that sits.
To bed around 2:30am. However, got an excellent night of sleep. Was able to sleep in until 10:30am. WOO! Sleep to the max.

Good day today. Good day. I am happy.

Ate some delicious lunch, went to diagnostics, did some research on presidential candidates in order to make a more informed decision, went to class, then got ready to run.

With dark hair, a black long sleeve shirt, black shorts, and black socks, I threw in some color today with a blue handkerchief (sp?) around the neck. Headed to the Nat'l Mall area. This is a flat, 6mi, out and back route. There is also a 10mi. route to the Lincoln Monument that runs through the mall area, but took the 6 instead. Good run. Felt good. Breathing good. "Neuroma" clicking like crazy. On the streets and sidewalks it clicks more often. Left achilles tender at the base, not sure why.

Had Dr. Leah, the triathalete linguistics student, look at it and work her magic. Plenty of weakness leaving when she did her thing. She worked that spot behind my knee also. DAMN! Lots of weakness being forced out. At times, it felt like my knee was going to explode from inside. Hope to pick up the new Saucony Omni-6's tomorrow. Maybe that will help with these issues.

Hung out with Jo for a bit tonight. Hadn't seen her for a while now since we both have been quite busy.

What is everyone going to be for Halloween? I have decided to be Hank. Hank is a guy that acts, dresses, and mimics every characteristic of Ben (me). I don't think if will be hard to find a costume.

Also, been following Dean Karnazes Blog, http://rodale.typepad.com/deans_run_home/, for a few weeks. He's finishing up the last of the four desserts quest. It's pretty interesting.

Back to work. Don't forget to step back everyonce in a while, take a good 'look' at things around you, and appreciate what has become.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Black is the color of a ninja. You are a ninja.

Hank sounds like a good guy to be. Maybe I will be something close to that. Maybe Godzilla.

Anton said...

That was my thought too. You're a ninja.

Hank is cool.

I was just gonna go as a runner. Or a triathlete. I first thought batman, then bagpipe player, but I didn't want to buy anything. But now, I want to be a ninja. Like Hank.

Godzilla is scary. "NO ME GUSTA!"

That's awesome that you get to run through the mall whenever you feel like it. I jealous. Hawaii is nice, but not that much history.
I'm reading a Tom Clancy book called "Politika" and the dude in there runs through the mall too. That's crazy. Maybe you're him and I don't know it! Or it could be Hank. I haven't met him.