Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Tuesday, 10.24.08

Woke up early this morning. Long day of 3.5 hours of sleep. It wasn't bad.
Did lots of hearing screenings today. Saw lots of ear wax.
Have lots to do with school. Should be working on it right now, but am not. I tend to work on it late when everything has calmed down.
Did an easy 6 mi tonight around campus. Trying to follow Charles's running plan. Going well so far.
Mini-PT workout after run. Some push-ups, sit-ups, pull-ups, 25 dips, 75x2 arm haulers. The sit, push, and pulls were minimal enough they weren't even worth counting.
Behind the left knee has a similar feeling to it.
When I was doing more miles prior to the Lincoln to Omaha run I had a tight spot behind my right knee that wouldn't go away. Icing and stretching didn't help. When I arrived to DC it faded as I reduced miles dramatically.
I'm a little worried that the back of the left knee is starting to do the same thing considering I just had a decent long run last Saturday. I hope the easy weekday miles will keep it at bay. If not, I'm not sure how to blend long runs with preventing injury. Will see how it goes.
Stopped and watched the girls soccer team for a bit. They did ok. I hope they at least had fun considering the score was 0-10 when I left.
Well, I'm off to study anatomy now. Have some midterms, tests, and papers coming up.
Also, in one of our classes we are going to be graded on how much fun the class has, while we mimic a song, using bottles filled with water. Honestly it's quite silly. I plan to stand in front of the class, blow in the bottle at random times, laugh sporadically to boost the "fun-ness" level, and then stop after doing this for 10 minutes. Hopefully someone will see how ridiculous this presentation really is.

If a man, on a corner, was selling a magic machine, I would buy it.

2 comments:

Anton said...

I'd buy it too. And the bottle used to intone fun. That is brilliant.

Unknown said...

I don't know what to say about the pain in the knee...maybe you should really get in there and massage the muscle...

Also, be wary of deferred pain...even though your knee hurts, the problem could be mostly in the calf or hams...Anton would probably know more about this...

0-10 is not too bad...wait...yes, it sort of is.