Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Wednesday

Medium 6 today. Start out on campus at an easy pace and threw myself out of a mental loop by predicting how the rest of the run would go. That's not a great thing when foresight is negative foresight.
Decided to change it up and head to the arboretum. At least by running through the ghetto I have the opportunity to do some on/offs as at any time I might have to sprint for my life. However, I'm not sure if that would happen considering people usually stare and probably think, "what the fuck is that guy running from?" Kidding. Kidding.
Legs felt a little out of it. Also, the little 'click' between my big toe and toe #2 has come back. If I step on it just right it will 'click' and I can feel it shoot all the way to my pinkie toe. I hope it just means it's time for new shoes.
Was a little rushed for time tonight as I had decided to watch the volleyball game; however, there was no game. I guess I could have done a PT workout. Even if I had known it was canceled would I have really done it?
I guess it's just a little disappointing knowing that I have 'lost' a great deal of my PT fitness. Before, a 1-10-1 pyramid with Charles was great. Now, just doing a 1-5-1 is kicking my ass.
I'm pretty sure Anton is right. It's all mental. I guess my PT attitude isn't the best without one of the bad-asses (Charles or Anton) right next to me.

Any who, on a positive note, grapes are delicious. Also, water is fantastic. Especially when you're really thirsty. It's could quite be the best drink in the world.

When you've set your mind to something...
Never quit.

Ever.

1 comment:

Anton said...

Ben, I'm not a bad-ass. You and Charles say that I'm a bad-ass, but I'm not. Except when you say it. Therefore, I am.

Got it? ;-)

Here's the mental part. Doing that stuff is always hard for me, I just sometimes make it look easy for inspirational purposes. If I do it alone, it sucks. If I do it with you guys or someone else, then I become the proverbial bad-ass only because I'm leading it, which in turn makes it easier for me since at that point, I CAN'T show weakness. It's like an ego thing.
So, if you can find someone else to do it with you, you will in turn be a bad-ass.

Just keep in mind, you're already a bad-ass. You eat miles for breakfast while still being relatively new to running compared to Charles and I, and you are my inspiration for running the big miles. You're like my taxi to Vegas. Wait, what?