Saturday, October 25, 2008

Super Soaker Saturday

Long run today. 15 mi. Planned on going easy, but went a little faster.

Headed out with Leah. She biked while I ran. Went to the Arboretum. Forecast said rain, but it was only overcast when we departed. About 30 min. into the run, after Leah and I had split up, it started to pour. I don't mean pour water on the flower pot kind of pour, I mean Brazilian rainforest kind of pour. It was great! However, two problems. I figured Leah wouldn't be able to continue because the streets were flooding with water, and second, it was a bit cold. It was cold enough and wet enough that if you stopped moving, or slowed down enough, you would freeze.

Completely soaked head to toe. Met Leah back at the front and we headed back. The shoes were already soaked so I decided to have some fun and splash/run through the biggest puddles I could find. Sometimes you just have to play the cards you're dealt...or throw them around.

We got back, leah headed inside, and I decided to finish up the run. Overall it was a satisfactory run. Although, the legs are tight at f because the hot/cold, long run combinations.

Tomorrow is designated for run in the morning, study, and laundry.
Also, Marine Corp Marathon is tomorrow. Decided not to go watch even though it might be a good source of motivation/inspiration.

Peace and Happiness.

4 comments:

Anton said...

YAY! It rained here today too! It's like we were in the same place. Except mine was warmer. A lot warmer.

52 card pickup for sure.

You're lucky man...D.C.! You're running around my central command everyday. That's pretty neat.

Why aren't you watching the marathon?

Ben said...

because the dark and the cold mornings scare me.

Anton said...

oh. fair enough.

Unknown said...

Is Leah the mormon? I have forgotten...you use so many female names that it is hard to keep track of your lady social agenda.