Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Did I Mention Dimension

Holy carp. Yep, that's right. It's says carp. Carp is what you get when you misspell crap. Anyways, holy carp. What is going on with my sleep? Last night, I worked until 3am, and not the kind of "work" where one sits around, fiddles with Facebook, does a little bit of real work, and procrastinates until three in the morning. No, this was true-biz work. The plan was to wake up just before 8am, get ready, and meet two other outstanding students for a lab. Shit! Woke up to hear my roommate busting in the the room because he was late for class. "Wait," I think to myself. "What time is it?" After figuring out where I was and what day it could be, I glanced over at my phone to see that it was 10! Shit, I slept in again!
I ended up missing class as well in order to work on a paper due at 1pm. Sincere apologies were made to the other group members and I hope they understand my mishap.

The day, after the late start, was once again busy as an ant farm back from holiday. Skipped lunch in order to keep working on that paper, finished it during that class that it was due for, and ended up finishing business just after 3. This gave me an hour to print that paper, turn it in, get some food in me since I hadn't eaten, and get ready to join the XC team at 4pm.

A little before 4 I did a 2 mi. warm up. It was a little fast for a warm up. However, excitement ran through my veins to be running with the team. Did the 2 wu on campus in exactly 14 min.

Went to the spot where XC typically meets and waited. I felt a little pressed for time since I was meeting Mallory, a continuously smiling elementary ed. grad. student, at 5pm. It ended up only being Kala, Coach, and myself. We headed to the Nat'l Mall area for a Fartlek workout. By time we got there only a 10 min. window remained in order to allow myself enough time to get back by 5. Was able to get in some good burning and rev up the heart rate before heading back. Ended up with 8 mi. today in 57:48 (7:13 pace).

Got the the dorm, took a Duke (Charles) fast shower (meaning, sub-four minutes), and met smiles (Mallory) for....(food). Yeah, I know. ( ) overkill. )))

The photo gig that was planned for tonight ended up being cancelled. The event wasn't cancelled, just that they ended up postponing my photo skill trial until next Monday.

Time to focus and work like a Muskrat.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Dang you are busy buys. That was supposed to be busy busy but it came out as busy buys. That is what you are. Busy buys.

(food) = sexual intercourse?

Too bad there are only two people willing to go to XC practice on Wednesdays...but that is enough. If there can be an Army of One there can certainly by a XC Team of Two.

(Your mom is an army of one).

What kind of photo deal do you have going on? Tell us the facts, jacks.

Anton said...

Dude! You are crazy busy. Grad student you. You make us proud!

That's cool the XC team lets you run with them. NICE! Can you run for the team?

((((()))))

That just looks cool. )

Yes, does food = fornication?

Charles, sadly it's not an Army of One anymore. It's just Army Strong. But at lease you can still Accelerate Your Life.

(Your mom accelerates...wait, no, that doesn't work.)

))

Ben said...

ha ha ha ha.

I enjoy the dialog between you two.

Yes, it's cool that the XC team let's me join on their runs. Ha, runs. It's like runs as in diarrhea. Diarrhea is funny, unless it's you that has it.

Sure: food+sex=???

The photo deal: I marketing dept. needs a sports photographer and wanted to give me an opportunity to show off what I can do. However, the athletic dept. had specifically requested they use one of the student photographers that they already have. They have nice equipment so I am excited to do some shooting.