Thursday, February 12, 2009

Beginners Mistake

Woops. Made a mistake and ran right after lunch.
The GI tract was not please with this decision.
The first half was slow so things would stay down.
The second half had to stop and walk for half-mile to keep things...well. Let's just say I could have used a bathroom.

The run left the stomach feeling disgusted the rest of the day.

This leaves me with a question. Would you rather run hungry or full (considering just right is not an option)?

-----------
Went to a restaurant and hung out with some school mates. They decided to take a cab home. I decided to run. Who would arrive first? I would always choose the runner.

1.5 miles in 9:51. Not the fastest time but not too shabby for street clothes with my phone, keys, and other junk.

Ended up arriving at the front door 15 seconds before they did. I waited there counting my cash. Suckers. Guess who just saved $3? That's right!

2 comments:

Abby said...

Hungry! I vote hungry! Never run full!

I always wait at least an hour and a half after eating before I go for a run. I don't remember where I got that idea, probably from some experience like yours.

Unknown said...

I would choose to run hungry. Running full is craziness. Although, on long long runs I never seem to have a problem getting down some food and running again, but not a big meal or anything.

Way to beat those people who took the cab! And, 9:51 isn't too bad of a time, either. That one time we did a time trial I ran 10:05 or something. Yes, you remember. You were 7 minutes ahead of me.