Monday, February 23, 2009

Busy as a Bee

Going to be a busy busy week trying to squeeze in more miles. Tomorrow's plan is to rise early, get in an easy 4 or 5 then get in another 4 or 5 during lunch.
Tomorrow is the busiest day class wise. Let's hope I make it through without falling asleep.

Today, woke up at 6 a.m. and hit the alarm until 7. Got out the door at 7:30 and did an easy 10 in 1:27:00. The legs felt very heavy today. Does not seem like a good sign when it's Monday and the legs already feel heavy. I was hoping the afternoon run would loosen up the legs and feel better. That didn't work. Managed to get in 7.25 miles while the team did mile repeats. I just ran the warm-ups, cool-downs, and in-betweens with different people. Was in the lower 30s today and felt like 17. Wind 16 to 25 mph. The wind is quite annoying and forecast says it's going to be just as windy and even colder tomorrow.

The legs are still very heavy. They feel tired going up stairs and are very tight. I did some stretching today as well hoping that would help. Let's hope the legs adjust and improve throughout the week rather than decline.

Am satisfied with mileage for today. On the right pace to reach the goal.

Total:
17.25 mi.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Good miles for today!

I can't believe it is that cold there. For some reason I thought that DC would be warmer than NE. It looks like it should be warmer.

I am glad to see you are going after the goal! Yes! You have heavy legs, I have a sore hip...but who cares? The goal is right there, we can see it right there, this weekend. This weekend is see-able. We can see it. The goal, too.

I am done commenting now. I am not saying much of anything. I apologize. I apologize if you have read all of this that I wrote.

Abby said...

Great miles for the day, on heavy legs no less! And you did just have a long run on Sunday too.