Monday, February 9, 2009

Running can=Happy

Absolutely perfect weather for running. Sunny and beautiful.

Medium run today. Felt the work in the lungs.
Focused on efficient form and breathing.

Slightly euphoric after today's run. Heart beat slowed, the sun warmed my face and the breeze cooled the body. A+

Splits:
3.21 mi., 23:11, 7:13/mi. pace
3.21 mi., 23:00, 7:09/mi. pace

---------------
Afternoon. Planned on 4 but as usual plans changed.
.5 mi wu
2x800 repeats. Right at 3:00.
Only one runner finished four sets. The other died.

3 comments:

Abby said...

YAY for happy times! Very decent splits too. A+ and a gold star I say! I take it you didn't head east.

Unknown said...

Good to see that your times are getting faster. You have the quickness!

Jeff Valliere said...

Hey Ben. Thanks for the comments on my blog. My family lives in Centreville, Va, a short distance West on 66 from you. Have you run up Old Rag? One of my favorite runs in the area (I don't know many though).