Thursday, February 26, 2009

Mollusks

Slept in this morning and ran this afternoon.
Felt good to sleep in.

It was perfect weather outside. 50 degrees and no wind.
Ran down by the Potomac river and discovered thousands of open mollusk shells. Not sure if there were clams or oysters, but Melissa thinks mollusks is a better term to use. Picked some up and put them in my pocket.
Ran with music today which I rarely do. It was quite enjoyable and helped me push the pace.

After, went to the athletic trainers to check out what the numbness might be coming from. He said the right patella was off tract a little bit and should work on strengthening the "inner" quad muscle (not sure of the anatomical name. I bet Anton would know). I think it's just because the outer quad is very tight that it's pulling the patella off tract. Bad news, the neuroma on the left foot was quite irritated today and at one point thought I would have to cut it short. Hope that the new shoes will resolve this issue.

Overall, a good day of running.

No comments: