Thursday, February 5, 2009

Hills

Today, 10 total.

Had team practice at 2:30 so I set out early to get in some good 'ol runnin'!
2 mi wu
2 mi tempo hills
2 mi cd

I can't figure out how to use all the settings on the Garmin that Leah has let me use, so I can't check my splits for the tempo. I'm going to guess 6:30 average. The two miles was shorter than I expected. Apparently all the arboretum runs have been short changed for miles. The turn-around for what I thought 2 miles was is probably the 4 mile turn-around.

Met the two other long distance runners at 2:30 and headed out for an easy 4. Stopped after one mile to do something foreign. Stretch. I'm not sure of this concept they called "stretching" and what it's purpose was. All I know is it hurt.

Finished off with 8x barefoot strides on the football field. There is a nice astro-type-turf that is soft and cushy on the feet. However, with the cold temperatures the feet were numb by the end. This actually might have been beneficial because the neuroma in the left foot is starting to become noticeable on the runs. Damn damn damn. Going to have to start icing or something. Damn.

Overall, a good running day.

3 comments:

Anton said...

Rock on man. Way to do strides and stretch.

Wait...you haven't been stretching????!!!!

That's a big difference in the 2-4 mile turn around. Huh.

I think I'll call you Rhino.

Unknown said...

Maybe the hills were aggravating the foot?

Don't you hate it when you are going shorter than you think you are?

Speaking of barefoot, I want to get some Nike Free's, the kind that is most like barefoot. I also started wearing my old racing flats around. All my other shoes smell like crap because I wear them barefooted, so the flats were the only ones that don't smell up a room or would smell up a car after being in it for more than an hour.

Abby said...

I'm starting to think there's merit in stretching, never been much of a stretcher myself.

Barefoot on astroturf sounds tickly.