Sunday, February 22, 2009

Long

Inspired by The Duke I decided to go long today.
Went to Regan Airport. Looked at the Garmin at the turn around and thought it said 9.99 miles. Really, it must have said 7.99 mile and my math was off. I just figured I had some stellar mile times in there. Turns out I was just slow.
Total:
17 mi. in 2:32
First half in 72 min.
After, did very short PT because I ended up getting bored and cold.
It was 28, windy, overcast, and drizzly for a little bit.
10 pull, 50 push, 100 sit, 50 fire
Stretch!

I think Abby was right with the cold weather/tight muscle hypothesis. After yesterday's stretching and the short pre-run stretch today there was no numbness in the leg. Hoo-ray!

2 comments:

Abby said...

I think we can count 17 miles as still stellar. Can't we? And the drizzles should count for something.

Glad the knee was back with you!

Unknown said...

Wow! Our 17 milers were within 2 minutes of each other! It was like we ran it together! (except you must have stopped to look at some sheep towards the end while I had to rush home to use the bathroom. Gross, yes, but plausible).

Running = fun.

Upcoming plans/goals? You will be back in NE this summer? For at least a couple days?