Friday, February 20, 2009

Numbness and Tingling

The wind is not enjoyable.
A little over 10 mi. total in 1:23. Just over 8 min. average.
Threw in a down hill sprint to see how low the Garmin would read. Got it down to 3:31. Now if I could only hold that pace for a mile or so I would be a much faster runner.

The past two days, just after two miles or so, the right knee goes numb, and if I continue the numbness spreads up into the quad. It is a weird feeling. After stopping for a bit the tingling starts just like when one's foot or limb falls asleep. After a the feeling returns my stride is off and the is an extra bump when I plant on the right. Biofeedback from the right leg has stopped and it takes a mile or so to get back into a rhythm that feels somewhat normal again.
Not sure what this is, but I sure hope it goes away.

Wonder if it has any connection to the legs feeling tight. Did lots of stretching afterwords.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmmm...I would get this checked out for real by a physical therapist. This doesn't sound like something that you can fix by yourself, unless it goes away for some reason.

Get your mile time down to 3:31! World Record Ben!

Anton said...

Yes, I agree. That is most out-of-the-ordinary.

You are fast. Maybe if you take a week off to go rock climbing you can break 3:00!

Word: gallyvse

Definition: A very special entré from the galley.

Use: I'm going to the ship's kitchen tonight. Instead of chicken fried grub, they're serving gallyvse!

Abby said...

OOH! Flashback to many many years ago. I had a sensation similar to what you describe in one of my knees. I think it had to do with tight muscles in cold weather, but I never learned any details. That's just my own theory, though. It eventually just went away.