Sunday, February 8, 2009

DON'T GO EAST!

Did a run'about today. Headed East.
What did I learn from today's run? Do Not Head East!

Had my pack on full of supplies and it was hot so the shirt was off.
I started getting weird looks from everybody. Some guy started yelling at me from across the street. I thought, "what the hell is going on?" Another guy by the bus stop warned me and said, "hey champ, you're going to want to put a shirt on," in sort of a tone that implied a "do you know where you are?" Apparently I was in the wrong neighborhood to be running through.
Ended up hopping on the metro because I didn't feel comfortable with all those looks and I was lost. Took the metro to an area that I knew and headed to the mall. There were many people out and the weather was gorgeous!
Ended up cutting the run short because I got bored. Didn't want to keep going and fry myself.
Next time I'll try heading South.

Total run: 14.65 mi. (yes, .65 because that's what the garmin said)
Did a short PT after because I hadn't done it in a while.
Rotated between pull, push, and sit.
pull: 7 regular, 5 wide, 7 and 7 mountain climbers, 7 reverse
push: 5x25 varied
sit: 5x25 varied
3x1 min. ab planks

Push-ups were the most difficult today. Should have done more abs. Pull felt great.
Shoulders little sore from yesterday. Must have been from carrying around the bag.

Next time I'm heading South!

2 comments:

Abby said...

I'm glad you made it out alive of that alien place. Let's see, if I headed east, I would end up at a wal-mart at the edge of town. Seems all roads lead to wal-mart.

14.65 miles - your distances have been increasing impressively. Foot not bothering you?

I'm thinking that running with a pack and no shirt is a recipe for chafing. I personally don't run shirtless unless it's in a really weird bad dream.

Unknown said...

Same here...if I took off going East, I would eventually run into Wal-Mart.

Yeah, the chafing I think would get you. What kind of pack are you wearing? A 6 pack?