Sunday, February 1, 2009

Friday Jan. 30th, LD runner

The plan for today was to get in 6 mi. before meeting for team practice at 3:30.
Left at 2:30, medium 6, and got back to meet the team.
Problem. No one showed up.
Finally, I found some of the sprinters and they had already run. Ended up finding the coach and he said practice had been moved up to 2:30 and forgot to e-mail me until noon.

There was one long distance (LD) runner that was there. She's training for the Deaf Olympics and already has a coach and training plan. She should be good to work with.
We ran an easy ~2 mi. around campus and chatted it up.
After that, I did another ~2 mi. to make today's run just above 10 mi.

Did a Quick Draw PT set.
The last time I timed myself it took around 8 min. to do a 10x10 push/sit workout.
Today's time was 5:06. A big improvement in speed.

Hoo-cha!

No comments: