Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Banana and Pretzels/ Ice=no run

Referring to yesterday's post. Grapes and pretzels are delicious. They go well together. Pretzels create the thirst and the grapes quench the thirst.

Tonight's theme is banana and pretzels. Soft and mushy with Hard and crunchy.

No run today. Planned on running this evening but ended up taking pictures for swimming and basketball. By time that was finished it was 9. 9=dark. ice+dark=scared. scared=no run.
That was my logic for not running tonight.

I'm meeting with the long distance runners tomorrow to discuss eating smart, staying hydrated, sleep, and what kind of running they have been doing up to this point.
Then, Friday I plan to run with them. Where will we go? I don't know. How far will we go? Probably only four. Any suggestions for what kind of first run we should do with people of a variety of fitness levels? Should we do a fun running game so people can get to know each other? Should I run them hard and make them vomit? Should I take it easy so they don't run away?

Thoughts, ideas, comments welcome.

1 comment:

Abby said...

I know a guy who ran his first marathon from a diet mostly of petzels, peanuts, and beer. You've got the pretzels covered.

Four miles sounds like a good start, maybe not so fast that there is vomitting however.