Saturday, January 10, 2009

Opposite Day

Today, I didn't feel like running, so I did.
I did a lot of mental complaining and I forced myself to get ready and get out the door.

It's 35, wet, and cool outside. Because it was cold outside I decided to do half PT before the run to get warmed up.

PT: 2 sets: 30 push, 60 sit, 60 fire-haulers
to keep things from getting boring the second set of push-ups alternated wide to close. Wide, close, wide, close. Boy, it burned real good!
Mentally divided the sit and fire haulers into groups of 15, which made it much easier.
4 mi. run at easy pace. Just above 8:30s
PT: 2 sets: 30 push, 60 sit, 60 fire-haulers
post run pt was done just the same as the fire, but with much more burning, groaning, and weakness leaving the body.

2 comments:

Abby said...

I'm glad you included the "mental complaining" in your post.

Some couch potato friends of mine think me strange for the exercise discipline. I bet you have friends who think you strange??

Ben said...

Yes, I have many friends that think my running habits are strange.
It's that kind of struggle that connects runners to one another.