Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Excellent and Awkward

Had an excellent workout yesterday. I started to feel like the old self again.
Was 45 yesterday and felt like 40. Here's the workout:
31:30 4mi
14:20 2mi
240sit
20 min. PT:
30 pull
120push and
30 neck each
50 slow fire-haulers

Today, I am sore from the workout. Excellent.
-------
I had planned on running this morning. Went to bed around 11 and the alarm went off at 7:00. Looked outside, saw that it was raining, stuck my hand out the window, and felt that it was cold (low 30s). This did not help motivate me to run. I chickened out. I slept more then got up.
After work it was still cold and rainy. I decided to do some aerobics. Found some aerobics videos on Hulu and just did whatever the people did. There was one with a woman dancing that didn't work out so well. I'm glad I was alone.
I then looked up some aerobics videos on youtube and found some interesting stuff. There was this thai workout video that made me feel like a drunk chicken with a broken leg. It was terribly awkward. I was walking back and forth, kicking at random times, and spinning around the room. I just couldn't follow.

I plan to run tomorrow, and it must get done in the morning. The weather is supposed to be better, so the only thing stopping me is myself (just like today).

I went grocery shopping yesterday and got some pretzels; however, when looking for a snack last night I realized that they didn't make it home with me. I think they're still at the store. Woops.


Cashews are delicious.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha! I like this post, how you tell about the aerobics and the lady dancing, etc. Funny stuff. It made me laugh. "Laugh-laugh-laugh" That's what it sounds like when I laugh.

Glad to hear you are feeling like "the old self."

Abby said...

Do people still do aerobics classes? I remember them from the 80's. The leg warmers, the headbands, the big hair. I don't miss the 80's.

Hope you get your pretzels back.