Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Food/Smell/PT

I like the way The Duke titles his blogs. Short, concise, and sometimes intriguing.

The legs felt a little tired today. Sort of like the day after lifting weights or having ran a race. Hence, it was concluded that today would be an easy day, and considering I killed the cereal and chips last night today's place was an easy decision. The store.

Headed out without long pants today and it was quite refreshing. Actually got a little warm but I was happy to have a hat and gloves. I realized that running through DC is like a constant game of "What's that Smell?" Typically, if one was to guess garbage or natural gas one would be correct.

Once again, I was feeling good when I returned so there was an impulsive decision to do PT. Today's PT consisted of 5 sets of 25 push and fire-haulers. The burning was magnificent and in great quantities. If anyone had needed to roast marshmallows or light a cigarette they could have off my shoulders. That's how much burning there was. Although, the intense quick-set-fire-pt immediately rewarded a cool display of steam coming off my head and body. In some ways it was all worth it just to see that.

On another note, I'm in the middle of reading Dean Karnazes's book "50/50" and I'm at the part where he ran the Lincoln marathon. In my opinion, his first book was better. This one seems to be geared more towards beginning runners with more ads for running gear and stuff in it. He has still accomplished amazing trials of endurance but he's also using it to make $$$. If you read it please tell me what you think.

I'm off to watch some movies and eat.

Happy running.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice. Good stuff. Getting in the runs even though crap is strew all over the city and the smell gets you. Good stuff.

Ha! Marshmallows! Cigarettes! Two of my favorite things!

Yes, I had the feeling that Dean's second book would not be as good as his first. It is sad. Yet, I still plan to read it. I still plan to read it.

Dean, he doesn't need money. Unless he is planning something awesome. Let's hope for it.

Ben said...

True true.

You want to know a funny word?
woomis

that is a funny word. It's the word verification word.

It's funny.

Abby said...

I read Dean K's first book and found it insightful and inspiring. Yes, he's cocky, but I guess he's allowed.

I've never been to DC, but want to go eventually. Maybe I'll go just for the variety of smells.