Sunday, January 18, 2009

Inauguration Celebration

Went to the "We Are One" concert today. Lots of famous people there. Lots.

There were also more people there than I have ever seen in my entire life. CNN said over 750,000. It was madness how many people were there. I was happy I had my camera, but very depressed that it didn't have batteries. DAAAAAAMN!

Walked home, stopped in a park, and started eating some peanuts.
What did I learn from this experience? Park+Peanuts+Squirrels=squirrel peanut attack!
A squirrel ran right up to me and snagged a peanut right out of my hand. It was amazing. At one point there were five squirrels being fed. I'm glad I have three pairs of gloves because some of them weren't friendly with the teeth.

The dominant and most friendly squirrel, which I named squirrel face, chased off all the other squirrels. It got closer and closer. In the end, I was feeding it peanuts off of my shoulder. It was magical. However, squirrel face did not return after several rounds. It was nearing dark and he/she must have has his/her fill.

What a glorious day.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh! Squirrels! Magical!

Abby said...

Good thing you brought peanuts!

Anton said...

Awesome squirrel encounter. Were you able to uncover their sign language?

Camera+batteries=pictures

Camera-batteries=cool looking box