Sunday, January 25, 2009

Important Numbers

10.5 easy today.

Forgot to post the most important information from yesterday's run. I counted how many runners gave acknowledgments (wave, hello, finger wave, head nod) during the run. Grand total: 5 out of 12. Not bad. Better than zero. Two of the five were pedestrians walking.

Today one woman (we passed each other multiple times) waved two out of three times, another couple with a child said hello, and two other runners were in their own little world.

I am not discouraged. This is progress. Perhaps this week the waves-hello will just have to be exaggerated to rule out any possibility of not seeing the wave.

Progress. Progress.

3 comments:

Abby said...

I'm glad you're bringing those others out of their shells! I'm also surprised at the number of meetings you have. 12 others in January is practically unheard of here in my neck, which is supposedly one of the "fittest" cities. Probably because I run around boring suburbia.

Ben said...

There tend to be quite a few runners down in the mall area. Joggers, runners, walkers, and pretty much anyone who looks like they are working out I will wave at. It all counts.

Anonymous said...

The percentages of people acknowledging are like where you are. If its Golden Gate Park or the Presidio, there are a number of runners who know me.

If its at the Waterfront (Embarcadero), it seems like a different group and seems like they don't want to be bothered.