Saturday, January 3, 2009

The Second of January

No run today.
Final visits with the fam.
Worked out yesterday.
Included lunges, sit, push, bicep curl, tri, back, shoulder, etc.

The weather was icy today. The interstate was 45-50 mph the whole way. The residential streets were pure sheets of ice. It was wonderful. Starting in the grass, and getting plenty of momentum, I ran into the street and slid like an ice surfer. This continued for 10-15 minutes while I laughed like a little kid and repeatedly yelled "weee!"
The second half of tonight's ice work out consisted to two belly slides on the sidewalk. Both slides were about 7 yards long. I didn't slide as long as I expected too, but I was still satisfied with the ultra slides on the feet.

Back to DC tomorrow.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice! Good distance on the slides. Way to go!


word: redis
def: to read this
ex: "Hey man, redis!" I said, wanting Ben to read about the word, def, and ex.

Abby said...

It's this kind of thing that makes me sad for people who've never seen snow.

Anton said...

Awesome slides! That'd be fun.

I go back to Hawaii tomorrow. I'll probably drop the luggage at home, then go to the beach. I miss it.